The student news site of Naperville North High School

The North Star

BREAKING NEWS: Students sent to hospital after eating laced candy

Julia Donofrio, Managing Editor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Tuesday, Dec. 6, 4:04 pm 

Fourteen NNHS students were sent to Edward Hospital after eating laced candy at school. Thirteen were treated Tuesday afternoon, Superintendent Dan Bridges said at a press briefing. The candy contained another unspecified substance, according to a school message sent to parents.

Eleven students are in stable condition and are undergoing evaluation, and two have been treated and released, according to District 203. Symptoms included a fast heart rate, dizziness and dry mouth.

During seventh period, Principal Stephanie Posey made an announcement to the school about the incident.

“A few students who choose poorly should not be allowed to define the Huskie family,” she said.

Several emergency vehicles were parked outside the school Tuesday afternoon, and a news chopper flew over the school.

“Our primary concern is ensuring the safety, the health, and the well-being of all of our students,” Bridges said at the press conference.

In September, two NNHS students were sent to the hospital and a dozen became ill after ingesting a spicy candy, the Toe of Satan.

The North Star will be posting updates on the incident as specifics become available.

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Navigate Right
Navigate Left
  • Featured Stories

    The Breakdown with Michael Nerud Ep. 10

  • Featured Stories

    Xilin festival lights up the night (Video)

  • BREAKING NEWS: Students sent to hospital after eating laced candy

    Featured Stories

    Unsubstantiated threats plague NNHS, NCHS

  • BREAKING NEWS: Students sent to hospital after eating laced candy

    Featured Stories

    Photo-slider: Senior “Glo-ups”

  • BREAKING NEWS: Students sent to hospital after eating laced candy

    Edtiorials/Columns

    Prepared for the perfect prom

  • BREAKING NEWS: Students sent to hospital after eating laced candy

    Featured Stories

    The next level

  • BREAKING NEWS: Students sent to hospital after eating laced candy

    Featured Stories

    North Star staff has golden year

  • BREAKING NEWS: Students sent to hospital after eating laced candy

    Featured Stories

    Not so sweet dreams

  • BREAKING NEWS: Students sent to hospital after eating laced candy

    Featured Stories

    The Breakdown with Michael Nerud Ep.9

  • BREAKING NEWS: Students sent to hospital after eating laced candy

    Featured Stories

    Photoslider: Naperville North alum Barnett honored at NN vs Benet Academy volleyball game

The student news site of Naperville North High School
BREAKING NEWS: Students sent to hospital after eating laced candy