Board of Education announces new principal

District 203 announced Stephanie Posey as the new principal of Naperville North High School tonight, Jan. 20.

Posey has been the principal of Belleville East High School since 2010. She will bring ten years of administrative experience to NNHS over her 23 years in education.

“Naperville North has a tradition of rich excellence in academics, athletics and extracurricular activities,” Posey said. “The staff is incredibly dedicated and talented, the students are incredible and the families have been very welcoming. I hope all the students at Naperville North know how much I am looking forward to being part of the Huskie family.”

Posey will serve as the first female principal at NNHS after she replaces retiring principal Kevin Pobst on July 1, 2015. The Illinois Principal Association awarded Posey as the Southwest Region’s Secondary Principal of the Year in 2013. She was also recognized as one of the Racial Harmony Phenomenal Women of Metro East that same year.

According to District 203 superintendent Dan Bridges, Posey’s experience will enrich the NNHS community.

“Stephanie Posey brings a wealth of experience and qualities that will serve the students, faculty and community of Naperville North extremely well,” Bridges said in a statement released tonight. “Her passion for creating an inclusive community, focus on the achievement of every student, and collaboration among faculty and students mesh well with our mission.”

Posey earned an ED.S. in Education Administration from Lindenwood University, an M.S. in Educational Administration and a B.S. in Special Education from Southern Illinois University Carbondale. She also said her experience and enthusiasm will guide her as principal.

“I think that I’ve had experience in just about every area of the high school world,” Posey said. “I think high school students are very insightful and fun, and they are so incredibly excited about stepping out into the world. It’s such a pleasure to be a part of their lives.”