Take 5- Your Weekend Checklist

Sports, food, and comedy make for a great weekend

By Staff Writer Jena Fakroddin

1. Need a good laugh? On Friday, April 11, ventriloquist and comedian Jeff Dunham will be performing at the Chicago Theatre. The event starts at 8:00PM. For more information on this event and ticket pricing, click here.

2. Watch the Chicago Bulls and the Detroit Pistons face off on the court this Friday at 7 PM at the United Center. Cheer on and support your favorite city at this event. Be sure to wear plenty or red and black. For further details and ticket pricing, follow this link.

3. This Saturday, April 12 at 8pm at Pfeiffer Hall, North Central College stage and screen icon Ben Vereen will present his one man show, “Steppin’ Out Live.” His performance includes music of Sammy Davis Jr., Frank Sinatra and even Broadway favorites. Don’t miss out on this interactive event.

4. History Speaks Lecture Series: Food Revolution: How the Civil War Changed Food in America event is this Sunday, April 13 from 4 PM to 5 PM at Naper Settlement 523 S. Webster Street. According to www.visitnaperville.com , the event will feature speaker Bruce Kraig, PhD and founding president of the Culinary Historians of Chicago, who will speak on how the war revolutionized the food industry.  If you’re looking for more information, you can visit Naper Settlement’s website

5. The annual NNHS Powder Puff game takes place this Sunday at the NNHS from 1 PM to 5 PM in the stadium. Come out and watch NNHS’ very own senior girls compete for the championship title.

4
View Comments (4)