Focus 203 engages community on student social and emotional health

By Editor-in-Chief Allie Pecorin

Video Reporting by Lynn Arbid

Video Production by Kevin MacGreggor

Focus203 met at Naperville Central High School on Wednesday night and then again on the following day, Thursday, March 27, at Grace United Methodist Church.

Focus203 aims to engage all District 203 stakeholders to gather opinion on a variety of district-identified concerns and issues. The most recent meeting centered on student social and emotional health.

According to Supervisor of Social Work Services Amy Weiss, Focus203 aims to unite District 203 parents, schools, and the Naperville community in an effort to provide the best services for students.

“Our ultimate goal with Focus203 is to really create a partnership between the schools and home and the community so that we’re all working together on building social and emotional competencies in our students,” Weiss said.

Weiss, as well as Superintended Dan Bridges, and NCHS social worker Amy Barth presented at the event.  The evening included formal presentations as well as small group discussion.

According to Barth, the event helped begin an ongoing discussion on social and emotional health of students.

“We want to talk more about how we can all work on together,” Barth said.

1
View Comments (1)