Take 5- Your Weekend Checklist

By Staff Writer Jena Fakroddin

1. Cirque Shanghai: Warriors takes the Skyline Stage at Navy Pier in Chicago this Friday at 7 p.m. Don’t miss out on this acrobatic performance that will leave you astounded. Additional information and event description can be found at www.navypier.com.

2. Summer is almost here! Centennial Beach opens this Saturday for Memorial Day weekend. Grab a towel, bathing suit, sunscreen, and sunglasses for the beach day everyone has been waiting for. Centennial Beach is located on 500 west Jackson Avenue. For more information, go to www.centennialbeach.org.

3. Naperville Bites and Sites Food Tours will continue in the downtown area Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy a cultural culinary experience with a group of your closest friends. Discover all of what downtown Naperville’s finest restaurants have to offer, and see sculptures and paintings throughout the community as well. Tours begin at 11:30 a.m. and go until 2:30 p.m. Visit www.napervillefoodtours.com for more information.

4. This Saturday, Naperville Running Co. is sponsoring an “Under Armour Breakfast Fun Run”. Wake up, get dressed, and meet at NRC North at 8:30 a.m. to run three miles with Under Armour. Then, return back to the store to eat and to win raffles and prizes. Call 630-357-1900 to RSVP.

5. Kick off you Memorial Day celebration with the annual downtown Naperville parade and ceremony. The parade launches from Centennial Beach at 10:30 a.m. and ends at Benton near Central Park. Over 100 parade participants and 25 bands will perform. The ceremony that follows starts at 12 p.m.