Concert for a cause

By News Editor Emma Stancey
Production by Mila Koleva

Earlier this semester, junior Taylor Kroma’s world turned upside down.

For over a month, her father was hospitalized at Edward Hospital as a result of a surgery complications. Kroma’s father is alive and well today, and she finds herself with a lot to be thankful for.

“I know that without the people at Edward Hospital he would not have survived – their care was really superior,” Kroma said. “Going through that experience and seeing how all the staff helped me and my family really was inspiring.”

Now, she wants to give back. To express her gratitude to the hospital staff, Kroma decided to organize a charity event to benefit Edward Hospital. 

“My dad was in IC [intensive care] for 15 days, and I saw the extreme emotions that go through all the families there,” Kroma said. “I really wanted to give back to those people and help them know that there’s still hope.”

The benefit concert, Healing Hearts with Harmony, will take place at Naperville North this Monday, May 19 at 7:30 p.m.

According to Kroma, the concert will feature performances by Bella Corda, Painted Noise, Mendelssohn and Daughters, the jazz quartet and more.

Donations will be accepted at the door, and there will also be a bake sale at the concert. All of the proceeds will be donated to Edward Hospital.

“I want to raise at least five to six hundred dollars,” Kroma said. “It really comes down to as many people coming as possible.”

The concert will take place this Monday at 7:30 p.m. in the NPAC. For more details, visit the event page on Facebook.