Take 5- Your Weekend Checklist

Furry, tasty, theatrical fun is in store for you this weekend

By Features Editor Noelle Kirkman

1. Dogs, cats, and snakes galore! The Chicago Pet Show this Saturday, April 26 and Sunday, April 27 at the Oak Lawn Pavilion in Oak Lawn from 10 AM to 5 PM will leave you with plenty to explore. Spend the day petting one of your dream pets. Click here for a coupon.

2. Go back in time to a 1950’s diner. Uncle Phil’s Diner, a dinner theater experience hosted this Friday, April 25 at 7 PM at Faith Lutheran Church in Aurora, will feature Uncle Phil and his wait staff, as they anxiously await the evening’s entertainment, The Desotos. But when the band doesn’t show up, the staff attempts to keep the audience entertained. Tickets are $12 if bought here, or $15 if bought at the door.

3. This Saturday, check out Comedy Night at the CenterStage Theater in Naperville  from 6:30 PM to 10 PM. The show will include alums from Second City, Comedy Sportz, and Improv Olympics. General admission is $25. The show is only open to those over 18 years old.

4. Let the aroma of a delicious drive-thru barbeque draw you into the parking lot of Grace United Methodist Church in Naperville this Sunday. Savor pork chops and chicken from 11 AM to 1 PM.

5. Get your favorite books signed from your favorite New York Times bestselling authors such as Kristan Higgins, Lauren Dane, Mary Balogh, and more than 60 other romance authors this Saturday. They’ll be there as part of the 2014 Spring Fling Writer’s conference at the Chicago Marriott in Hoffman Estates from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM.