Take 5- Your Weekend Checklist

Cheer on the Huskies at Glenbard East, listen to NNHS student bands while supporting a worthy cause, or watch the Blue Man Group in the city

By Staff Writer Dempsey Bilotta

1. Away games are still in action for the Huskies. This Friday, the NNHS football team is playing at Glenbard East at 7:30 PM. Come support our boys in one of the final games before the playoffs.

2. Want to have a rocking time while supporting a great cause? Friday, Oct. 11, junior Nathan Black, is hosting a garage concert for New Eyes for the Needy Foundation. For more information, revisit nnhsnorthstar.com tonight to read Features Editor Noelle Kirkman’s article.

3. October means sweater weather, pumpkin flavored everything, and haunted houses. The Haunted Massacre will be open on Oct. 11, at Odyssey Funworld. Doors open at 7:00 p.m, revealing a whirlwind of everything scary. Find ticket prices and hours here.

4. Entertainment at its finest is back in Chicago. The Blue Man Group will perform at Briar Street Theater on Oct. 11, 12 and 13.  To find tickets and  specific performance times click here.

5. Want to be like Nancy Drew or Sherlock Holmes? On Oct. 11, Maggiano’s in Schaumburg, IL is hosting a murder mystery dinner. While enjoying your meal, collect clues to the crime. The investigation starts at 6:00 PM.