Huskie volleyball beats Naperville Central

Girls volleyball keeps their momentum and continues on undefeated in conference

By Staff Writer Jennifer Fortman

The NNHS varsity girls volleyball team competed against Naperville Central at home Tuesday night, Oct. 1. The Huskies (16-2, 7-0 Dupage Valley Conference) started off strong with a quick five-point lead over the Redhawks (9-11, 5-2 DVC). There was high intensity coming from on and off the court for the Huskies. They quickly swept the first game with a final score of 25 to 6.

Game two didn’t go by as quickly or as smoothly for the Huskies. They had a slower start with the Redhawks taking the lead early and keeping it. It seemed the Huskies had a bit of a break down and became overconfident after their easy win durning first game .

The defense and blocking started to decline for NNHS as the game continued on. Coach Jennifer Urban called a time out when the Huskies were down 11 points to 14 points so the team could regroup and raise their intensity. The Huskies changed it up and Central called the next time out when the Huskies came back with a score of 22 points to 21 points. The Huskies played hard and ended with another win of 25 points to 23 points.

“The first game we had a ton of momentum and were in system in order to run our offense but in the second game, our defense wasn’t as strong so we struggled, but we still had the confidence that we were going to win,” said NNHS junior Emily Kwak.

The Huskies will take on Glenbard North on Thursday at 6pm at NNHS.