NNHS girls swim and dive placed second at DVC

In a heart-breaker the NNHS girls swim and dive team lost their expected first place victory to Naperville Central by two points.

Photos by Noelle Kirkman

Captions by Katherine Malinski

Sophomore Tina Remec performed her inward dive tuck at DVC on Friday. This was her first meet competing after suffering a diving-related injury.
Junior Kelly Phares executed her back dive straight at DVC on Friday.
Sophomore Tina Remec performed her inwards somersault tuck at DVC Friday, receiving personal best scores.
Senior Kelsey Vassar performed her back one and one-half somersaults tuck at her second and final DVC after joining the team as a junior.
Senior Michelle Cavoto, one of two sectional divers for NNHS, performed her back dive straight at her final DVC meet.
Freshman Patti Littell performed her front somersault pike at DVC on Friday.
Sophomore Shelby Porter competed a back somersault with one and one-half twists. This dive has the highest degree of difficulty of all the dives Porter competed at DVC.
NNHS swim team captains lead their team in cheers at DVC at West Chicago Saturday, a tradition before every swim meet.
Seniors Michelle Law (backstroke), Rachel Prorok (breaststroke), Anna Williams (butterfly) and Amy Novak (freestyle) placed first in the 200 Medley Relay at DVC on Saturday.

Freshmen Maddie Janvrin and Nicole Marcus competed in the freshman division 200 freestyle at DVC on Saturday.
Freshman Maddie Janvrin raced in the 200 freestyle. Janvrin placed third in the freshman division for this event.
Freshman Nicole Marcus set a meet record in the freshman division at DVC in the 200 freestyle.
Sophomore Devin Jacobs finished first in the varsity division for the 200 freestyle at DVC Saturday.
Junior Helen Wei finished first in the 200 freestyle for the JV division at DVC at West Chicago High School Saturday.
Freshmen Taylor Stoner and Yeun Pak competed in the 200 IM for the freshmen division at DVC, both placing in the top five.
Junior Chelsea Wang competed in the 200 IM for the JV division at DVC on Saturday.
Senior Rachel Prorok competes in the 100 breaststroke for the varsity division at DVC. Prorok is ranked top five in the state for this event.
Senior Anna Williams swims butterfly in the 200 IM at DVC on Saturday. Williams placed third in the varsity division for this event.
Senior Michelle Law executes a breaststroke turn in the 200 IM for the varsity division at DVC on Saturday.
Freshman Taylor Stoner finished first in the 200 IM for the freshman division at DVC on Saturday. Stoner also set a meet record in this event.
Senior Rachel Prorok finished second in the 100 breaststroke by a tenth of a second, out-touched by a Naperville Central swimmer.
Junior Maggie Miles, senior Rachel Prorok and Sophomore Kelly O’Toole finished first, second and third in the 200 IM for the JV division at DVC.
Freshmen Caitlin Holzer and Katie Horn prepare to swim the 50 freestyle for the freshman division.
Freshman Katie Horn celebrates her personal best time of 24.8 seconds in the 50 freestyle. Horn set a meet record in the freshman division by a full second in this event.
Senior Amy Novak finished first in the 50 freestyle and the 100 freestyle for the varsity division.
Senior Anna Williams executes a butterfly turn in the 100 butterfly at DVC. Williams placed second for the varsity division in this event.
Freshmen Katie Horn and Taylor Stoner battle for first in the 100 freestyle for the freshman division. Horn out-touched Stoner by a tenth of a second for the first place finish.
Freshman Katie Horn receives feedback on her performance in the 100 freestyle, for which she set a meet record and finished first in the freshman division.
Sophomore Eleanor Matern, junior Kyra Hartley, senior Kristina Salviola, and sophomore Annamarie Policht compete in the 100 freestyle for the JV division at DVC on Saturday.
Sophomore Devin Jacobs, junior Sarah Thomas, senior Rachel Prorok and junior Katherine Malinski finished second in the 200 freestyle relay for the varsity division, out-touched by two tenths of a second by Naperville Central’s relay.
Senior Marissa Anderson and junior Brigit Dunne placed fourth and fifth in the JV division for the 100 backstroke at DVC.
Seniors Rachel Prorok and Becca Bogle finished second and third in the 100 breaststroke for the varsity division. Prorok, a state-ranked breaststroker, was out-touched by a tenth of a second by a Naperville Central swimmer.
Sophomore Caitlin Ailsworth competed in the 400 freestyle relay for the JV division at DVC on Saturday.
Sophomore Devin Jacobs, senior Amy Novak, senior Michelle Law and junior Sarah Thomas placed first in the 400 freestyle relay for the varsity division at DVC on Saturday.
Junior Helen Wei, junior Katherine Malinski, senior Anna Williams and freshman Anna Metlushko finished first in the JV division for the 400 freestyle relay.

Remember to check out the Sports section of The North Star this November for more swim and dive highlights.