Drake’s new album drops

By Sam Ceruti

Drake and Young Money Cash Money Billionaire have collaborated to produce another top selling album. Take Care was released November 15th, 2011 and has already risen to #1 on iTunes top albums and “Take Care”, featuring Rihanna, is #2 on the top songs chart.

Drake’s style of rapping is very distinctive as he sings and still keeps the flow as he goes from line to line. Drake is also very rhythmical and his lyrics make sense as you listen through each song. It is very tough to combine all these fundamentals of songwriting as well as rapping and Drake makes it sound easy and fluent.

The song “Take Care” is proving to be the big hit of the album so far on iTunes. When you are listening to Drake and Rihanna it sounds like a bluesy love song the first listen through. However when you pay attention to the lyrics Drake is rattling off rhymes left and right. Rihanna breaks up Drakes chains of rhymes and adds a soothing chorus to the overall moving song.

Drake also can flip the switch back to his Forever days in this album with his YMCMB crew in his songs “Make Me Proud” featuring Nicki Minaj, “HYFR” featuring Lil Wayne and “We’ll be Fine” featuring Birdman. Drake can rap with the best of rappers such as his YMCMB counterpart Busta Rhymes. Drake is a very dynamic rapper as he can roll with any beat change and rap at most intensities.  When he feels out of his zone he rises to the challenge and adds more speed and range to his vocals.

Drake has grown as an artist since his first big debut “Forever” where he exploded on the track with Eminem, Kanye, and Lil Wayne.  Some would go as far to say his part was better than the well-established Lil Wayne and the “voice of a generation” Kanye West. After that Drake showed up on a lot of tracks as a feature for bigger names such as Jay-Z, Diddy, and Timbaland. He gained experienced from featuring with these artists and got to know his own talent level a little bit better. However Drake will always credit his roots (Young Money Cash Money Billionaires) as that is where he truly began.