The verdict is in..Paranormal Activity 3 is abnormally scary

By Claire Ruggiero and Amanda Spizzirri

Everybody has that friend that drags you to things you do not want to go to. No matter how much you protest – you’re going. And you’re going to like it.

That’s the case with one of my good friends. She loves to be scared, whereas I hate it. This Halloween season she insisted that my first haunted house experience would be to go to Statesville Prison, the number one haunted house in the Midwest.

I survived. But barely.

Next, she persisted we all go on a fun outing to see Paranormal Activity 3. Being knowledgeable in the standards of horror movies, my friend wanted to see if another Paranormal sequel would live up to the hype.

I try to steer clear of thrillers, since I think all scary movies are the same. But even I, an amateur when it comes to horror films, quickly identified an intriguing plotline.

The movie focuses on a family of four and the disturbances occurring in their home, but Little Kristi’s imaginary friend soon destroys their familiar way of life.

Here’s our verdict:

Nothing captivates an audience more than an innocent little girl transforming into something paranormal.
Never babysitting again.

Demonic children are messed up, but demonic Grandmas? Now that’s something you don’t witness every day.
I got one eye on Grandma from now on. Old people give me the willies.

Utilizing actors and actresses that are unfamiliar made the piece seem more raw.
Too realistic. I honestly thought it was true home footage for a while.

Most suspenseful movies leave you braced for the next thrill, but it never comes. Paranormal Activity 3 always delivered a scare when you least expected it.
I definitely smelled some dookie in the theater.

Overall, this was the best scary movie I’ve seen in the past year. I would rate it 10 out of 10 – all the necessary scare elements were present.
Still sleeping with the lights on.