Excitement builds for Coldplay’s exciting new album

New album by Coldplay is on the top of Online Editor Alex Moss’s birthday list.  His birthday is November 6th.

By Sam Ceruti

Coldplay’s much-anticipated Mylo Xyloto is the 6th album in Coldplay’s history as a band.  “Paradise” and “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall” have already been released, off Mylo Xyloto and have 10,000,000 plus views on Youtube. The album debuts on Itunes October 24th 2011. Chris Martin’s charming voice and the Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland combo creates a meditative style of music.

Mylo Xyloto features Rihanna in Princess of China; the star power on this track is overwhelming.  Rihanna is the only featuring act on the whole album, however Rihanna is perceived as one of the best female vocalists. Martin is also considered a top-notch vocalist so expect a lot out of this collaboration.

Coldplay although regarded as one of the best rock bands, has got its fair share of hatred as well. Critics say Coldplay can be very bland and monotonic.  However Coldplay has taken this in stride and has gone for a more upbeat feel with their new singles “Paradise” and “Every Teardop Is a Waterfall”.

The band has been previewing other songs throughout their numerous concerts and festivals they played, include Lollapalooza, where they played songs like “Charlie Brown”, “Hurts like Heaven”, and “Major Minus”.