Jeans: never out of style

By Nicole Yuan

Everyone loves a great pair of jeans. There’s the standard straight leg, but it’s the options beyond that- be it skinny, colored, ripped, jegging or  boot leg- where you really get to have some fun with your denim.

The hottest trends this season are undoubtedly colored denim and super flare 70s inspired denim. In spite of that, NNHS students still favor the popular skinny.

A mainstay of 80s fashion, the skinny came back into fashion a few years ago. It’s easy to see why. The skinny is convenient to slide into boots and looks great with flats. It’s also easy to roll your favorite pair into a capri length when the weather gets hot. PacSun has a good selection of skinny jeans. With prices ranging from $45-$70, they have great deals. Of course Gap is a great for any denim style. Their super comfy legging jean comes in a ton of great hues, and the Always Skinny is a nearly perfect skinny.

If you’re ready to branch out into the dyed denim trend, you might want to try Forever 21. With the low prices Forever stocks, this is the place to buy the trendiest styles. They have great prices on colored denim as well as the super high waisted 70s styles that are so hot right now.

Amazon is a good place to look for the widest range of prices and styles. You can spend as little as $10 and as much as $300. And there’s no shortage of options, with over 1,300 pairs in stock right now. Plus, their shipping is super fast, even when you pay for standard shipping. Take into account the promos that they often have, and you can often manage to get a great deal on a great jean.

Denim trends come and go, but no matter what trend is in style now, it’s likely to come back. So it doesn’t hurt to invest a little more in a couple pairs of premium denim that you can keep for years. If you don’t want to shell out the big bucks you’ll need at places like Piper Lime and Revolve, try Nordstrom Rack for great discounts on many of the same brands. They stock many of the major premium brands, such as Hudson and  Citizens of Humanity. With a lot of patience and a little luck, you might just walk out of the Rack with a killer pair of jeans at a great price.

And what could be better than that?