NBA anticipates new big three

By Staff Writer Michael Ding

The rumors have officially been confirmed. Since Saturday, August 23, former Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love began playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers. According to a CBS Sports article about the trade, Love is playing in exchange for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Thaddeus Young, and a $6.3 million trade exception. He was the Cavaliers’ 2015 first round pick.

However, it seems like Minnesota won this trade. They added many prominent players to their roster. Minnesota is building for the future, assembling a team of talented players like Wiggins. Experts have even compared Wiggins to a young Paul George. And if Anthony Bennett can stay healthy and in shape, Minnesota will definitely be a threat in the Eastern Conference. Nevertheless, the Cavaliers now pose formidable competition.

The Cavaliers acquired the best player in the world, LeBron James, and a super star in Kevin Love. With their all-star point guard, Kyrie Irving, people are calling this trio the “Big Three.”

There is a lot of speculation on how the stars will play together. Many people doubt them, comparing them to the former “big three” of the Los Angeles Lakers. This trio included Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, and Dwight Howard, all of whom played terribly together.

I, however, believe that this trio will work well together. It helps to have LeBron James, a player who is a threat whenever he has the ball. This will give Kevin Love space on the court to do what he does best, score. He averaged 26.1 points in his 2013-2014 season with the Timberwolves, along with 12.5 rebounds per game. These stats just show what Kevin Love can do for this organization. He will also take a lot of pressure off of their star point guard, Kyrie Irving. Last season he amazed fans with his tremendous dribbling ability, easily crossing over his opponent and popping the jump shot. This year with a new coach, offense system, and better teammates, he will be able to take more efficient shots.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have a seemingly easy trip to the Eastern Conference Finals with the East Division being so weak, especially after the Indiana Pacers lost their star player, Paul George. Cleveland fans will not be disappointed. These two trades have already made them strong contenders for the NBA Finals.

1
View Comments (1)