Football Forecast: NNHS vs. Glenbard East

By Jay Ahuja

Junior running back DeSean Brown has the Naperville North Huskies heading toward a second consecutive win, which will keep playoff hopes alive.

The Huskies easily defeated West Chicago last week, 35-0, on the Wildcats homecoming night.  Kendall Veluvolu ran for three touchdowns, two of them coming in the first quarter, assuring a win early on for the Huskies (2-3, 1-2 DVC). This win eliminated West Chicago from playoff contention. Brown scored two touchdowns with 82 yards rushing in last week’s West Chicago game, giving the Huskies a lot of confidence going into the game against Glenbard East this Friday night.

Senior Quarterback Joe Kotch of Glenbard East has had a remarkable season, stats wise.  As far as his team winning goes, not so much.  Kotch has had over 1,100 yards passing and 300 yards rushing. Unfortunately, the Wildcats (0-5, 0-3 DVC) are not able to be effective behind this 5’11” powerhouse.

Early on, The Lombard Spectator asked Kotch what his goals were for the season.

“We want to make the playoffs. Conditioning, determination, and perseverance.  All three of those things will get us there,” he said.

Now, five games into the season, all early dreams of playoffs are gone, so the question is, what will be Kotch’s motivation to win?

While it looks like a blowout game, never underestimate an underdog’s sheer willpower. This is a must win game for Naperville North, and who but an underdog could pull off an upset.

Even I, a Naperville North student, lean towards the underdogs, because they have nothing to lose, so they can go all out. No pressure, no problem.

This has the potential to be an exciting game, as Naperville North needs to win, and Glenbard East is hungry for a win.