Senior Jacques Gerber dances to victory

By Jon Vedova

On Wednesday October 5th, parents, friends and faculty gathered in Naperville North’s auditorium to see students perform in North’s Got Talent.

Embedly Powered

via Vimeo

All of the contestants put in countless hours of hardwork to show off their hidden talents. Some were singers, dancers, beatboxers and even some played traditional indian drums.

“I wasn’t nervous at all because I had already performed in front of the entire school. I practiced my routine about 4 times before the audition and before that I practiced almost everyday,” said the first place winner Jacques Gerber, a senior at North.

Gerber used to be in Urban Revolution Crew and has a talent for dancing. His performance obviously persuaded the judges to choose him as the winner and award him the 50 dollar cash prize.

“I didn’t expect for the prices to be awarded that quickly after the show, but when I won it felt amazing because my hard work paid off,” said Gerber.

Edwin Klippenstein and Nora Laidman emceed the show and provided the audience with witty interludes to introduce the acts. They were a ton of fun and kept the crowd entertained with their energy.

“I was not nervous performing, but I was definitely a little scared that I would forget some of my lines because I’m not especially good at memorizing lines. The audience was amazing and really responsive to our jokes. To me they seemed generally enthusiastic and respectful of me and all the acts,” said Klippenstein.

Klippenstein and Nora worked well with the performers while planning what they were going to say beforehand. As literal and as cheesy some of their jokes were, they still made people laugh and so their objective was achieved.

“The performers were extremely easy and fun to work with. We had a lot of auditions so it was difficult to choose who the performers would be, but I think we ended up making the correct decisions. After seeing all the acts at rehearsal the night before, I was satisfied seeing that Jaques Gerber won,” said Klippenstein.