Prepared for the perfect prom

Prom is right around the corner and you don’t want to get caught at the last minute running around to make ends meet!

Girls Checklist

ASAP

Make an appointment with your tailor for your dress. Try taking it in for alterations before the 22nd and make sure to bring the shoes you are planning to wear. If your dress needs special alterations or intensive work, make sure your tailor knows farther in advance.

Three Weeks Before

Book your hair appointment fast! Salons start to fill up early during prom season and you want to make sure that the time you want is still available. Go in with pictures for the stylist to reference and don’t wash your hair for two days before you go so the stylist can work with it.

One Week to Day Of

Nails: Go within a week of your prom day. Gel or arcrylics won’t chip easily, but a regular manicure will. Call before you go in to make sure there isn’t a long wait and they can accommodate you.

Two Weeks to Day Before

Face Mask: Decide if you want to do a face mask from home or shell out for an extraction or a facial. Ulta has good options and you can pick up a sheet mask at any Target or CVS.

Two Weeks Before

Makeup: Either make an appointment or plan what products you want to use. Practice your look and purchase any necessary products in advance so you know they work for you and you are confident in your looks. Try  enhancing  one feature of your face, like your eyes or lips. You can always look on Instagram or Pinterest for inspiration.

One-Two Days Before

Tan: If you want, use a self tanner or get a spray tan to even out those lines from Spring Break. Exfoliate and moisturize the day of and self tan right before you go to bed. Make sure you moisturize really well around wrists, elbows, knees, and ankles.

One Week Before

Whitening Teeth: Up your brushing and if you want, use whitening strips so your smile is at its best for pictures!

Guys Checklist

Three Weeks Before

Get fitted for your tux! Make sure you coordinate colors with your date. Try going to Mens Warehouse or David’s Bridal!

Arrange Prom Plans! Find a place to take pictures, and then decide with your group on post prom plans. Everyone will need to make sure their parents are okay with the weekend’s plan.

Two Weeks Before

Buy Tickets! You don’t want to get caught at the last minute when the ticket prices go up so get them early. Also, order the flowers! Prom is different than homecoming or turnabout. Instead of the corsage, you get your date a nosegay bouquet of flowers. Be sure to color-coordinate with your date’s dress.

One Week Before

Make sure plans are in order. It is important to be prepared so that everything can go as plan.

Remember that every group is different, so adjust plans accordingly. Have fun at prom, Huskies! Remember to be safe- prom night should be fun, not something you’ll later regret. See you all on May 13 in your beautiful dresses and handsome tuxes!